Purchasing a funeral plan enables you to pre-plan and pre-pay all your end of life wishes in advance. In doing so, you enjoy peace of mind and key benefits; purchasing a funeral plan helps remove the emotional burden and much of the financial worry from your next of kin at a time in their lives when they are least able to cope. A funeral plan also enables you to fix the cost at today’s prices and enables you to specify precisely your funeral arrangements.
There are many providers of funeral plans on the market and at first glance some appear to offer the same services, however when contemplating the purchasing of a plan there are some issues you should consider.
- Does the plan guarantee both the funeral directors costs and third party costs i.e. the crematorium, minister, medical costs etc?. Whilst many providers will guarantee the funeral director’s costs others do not guarantee third party costs and therefore at the time of arranging a funeral the next of kin will be responsible for paying the shortfall which, given the rising costs relating to crematoria charges can be substantial.
- Does the plan you have taken out offer flexibility? Many plans constrain the applicant to a set plan which in many cases may not meet your exact needs, the plan should be unique to you and offer exactly what you require.
Oxley’s Funeral Services have been providing pre-paid funeral plans for over 20 years. We are associated with Golden Leaves Limited, a trusted provider of funeral plans for over 35 years.
We offer a variety of plans, ranging from packages which include a contribution to third party costs right up to complete bespoke plans that are unique to you and fully cover the costs of your funeral. We are also Monumental Masons and will (if requested) include in the plan a memorial, interment of ashes and a casket again at a guaranteed price, therefore no additional monies will be asked for at the time of need.
If you would like to receive more information regarding our funeral plans or would like to discuss our plans with our with our dedicated member of staff Kirsty, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 01270 214009.
A funeral plan is a secure way to pre-plan and pre-pay for your funeral. It is not an insurance policy and no medical check is required, although we will ask questions about your medical history and these may impact the payment options available to you.
Pre-planning a funeral gives you peace of mind knowing that the arrangements will be to your wishes. Pre-paying for your funeral now could also save you, your family and estate, a great deal of money due to the fact that you are paying for your funeral at today’s prices. The Funeral Director’s cost is guaranteed no matter when it is needed or how much the cost of a funeral rises in future years.
We work in partnership with Golden Leaves Limited who have been at the forefront of pre-paid funeral planning since 1984, when such plans first became available in the UK. Golden Leaves is a founder member of the National Association for Pre-paid Funeral Plans.
Financial security for the plan is assured by the Golden Leaves Trust, which is managed by an independent Board of Trustees and regulated with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Authorities 2001)
As a funeral director working in conjunction with Golden Leaves we have to satisfy a number of stringent requirements, not least, outstanding service records to the communities we serve and be affiliated to accredited professional associations.
The Benefits Of Pre Paid Funeral Plans
There are several important benefits to pre paid funeral plans. It ensures:
- Peace of mind: a prepaid funeral plan can remove any worry you may have about leaving your family or friends to pay for your funeral expenses and making arrangements on your behalf. You can choose a plan that includes a contribution to to third party costs or one that covers these fully.
- The funeral of your choice: You have the opportunity to arrange all aspects of your funeral whether it be traditional or modern, cremation or burial, the plan will ensure your wishes are carried out
- Assisting your family: In today’s society, families often live in different parts of the Country or indeed different parts of the world, and therefore unfamiliar with local funeral directors or local services. The pre-paid funeral plan ensures all aspects of the funeral arrangements are taken care of leaving relatives less to worry about in respect of planning the funeral.
- Financial security: Your money will be held by an Independent Trust fund on behalf of Golden Leaves and covers all the Funeral Directors costs within their control*
- Financial sense: The plan enables you to secure your funeral at today’s prices. Like many other services, the cost of a funeral is likely to increase over the coming years.
- No Age or Health Restrictions: Unlike many insurance companies, the ‘Trust’ does not require you to obtain medical certificates from a doctor and there is no age restriction associated with taking out a pre-paid funeral plan. However, we will ask questions about your age and medical history and these may impact the ways in which you can pay for your plan if you decide to go ahead.
*There are some costs outside the Funerals Director’s control, which are known as third party costs, these include fees relating to Doctors, Clergy, Crematoria, Cemeteries and Graveyards and Memorials. If you choose a plan which includes a contribution to these costs, your contribution will be index-linked but it is possible that there may be still a balance to be paid which your estate or next-of-kin will have to meet at an appropriate time.
If you are interested in taking out a pre-paid funeral plan or would like to obtain more details, please contact our office.
Many of us die without making our funeral wishes clear to others. By taking the initiative and setting out your own preferences now, it’s one less thing to worry about and means you can get on with enjoying living, safe in the
knowledge that when the time comes, your loved ones will know what you wanted and be spared from having to make difficult decisions.
There is no cost involved just download and complete the attached ‘Funeral Wishes form’ and email to Oxley’s who will keep a copy on record. You should also keep a copy with your personal documents for the information of your family or whoever may be responsible for organising your funeral.
Jeffrey and Robert Ormandy, trading as Oxley’s Funeral Services, are an appointed representative of Golden Leaves Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 960923. You can check this on the financial services register at register.fca.org.uk.