A funeral plan is a secure way to pre-plan and pre-pay for your funeral. It is not an insurance policy and no medical check is required, anyone at any age can take out a funeral plan.
Pre-planning a funeral gives you peace of mind knowing that the arrangements will be to your wishes. Pre-paying for your funeral now will also save you, your family and estate, a great deal of money due to the fact that you are paying for your funeral at today’s prices. The Funeral Director’s cost is guaranteed no matter when it is needed or how much the cost of a funeral rises in future years.
We work in partnership with ‘Golden Leaves’ Limited who have been at the forefront of pre-paid funeral planning since 1984, when such plans first became available in the UK. Golden Leaves is a founder member of the National Association for Pre-paid Funeral Plans, and is a registered provider with the Funeral Planning Authority, which monitors the marketing, financial and service provisions of the Plan providers it regulates.
Financial security for the plan is assured by the Golden Leaves Trust, which is managed by an independent Board of Trustees and regulated with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Authorities 2001)
As a funeral director working in conjunction with Golden Leaves we have to satisfy a number of stringent requirements, not least, outstanding service records to the communities we serve and be affiliated to accredited professional associations.
The Benefits Of Pre Paid Funeral Plans
There are several important benefits to pre paid funeral plans. It ensures:
- Peace of mind: a prepaid funeral plan removes any worry you may have about leaving your family or friends to pay for your funeral expenses in full and making arrangements on your behalf.
- The funeral of your choice: You have the opportunity to arrange all aspects of your funeral whether it be traditional or modern, cremation or burial, the plan will ensure your wishes are carried out
- Assisting your family: In today’s society, families often live in different parts of the Country or indeed different parts of the world, and therefore unfamiliar with local funeral directors or local services. The pre-paid funeral plan ensures all aspects of the funeral arrangements are taken care of leaving relatives less to worry about in respect of planning the funeral.
- Financial security: Your money will be held by an Independent Trust fund on behalf of your Funeral Director and covers all the Funeral Directors costs within their control*
- Financial sense: The plan enables you to secure your funeral at today’s prices. Like many other services, the cost of a funeral is likely to increase over the coming years for example the average cost of funeral 10 years ago was £850 and today the figure is in the region of £2300.
- No Age or Health Restrictions: Unlike many insurance companies, the ‘Trust’ does not require you to obtain medical certificates from a doctor and there is no age restriction associated with taking out a pre-paid funeral plan.
*There are some costs outside the Funerals Director’s control, which are known as disbursements, these include fees relating to Doctors, Clergy, Crematoria, Cemeteries and Graveyards and Memorials. Any rise in such costs may necessitate a further payment, however Golden Leaves will guarantee any increase in the costs of Disbursements to the Retail Price Index.
If you are interested in taking out a pre-paid funeral plan or would like to obtain more details, please contact our office.
Many of us die without making our funeral wishes clear to others. By taking the initiative and setting out your own preferences now, it’s one less thing to worry about and means you can get on with enjoying living, safe in the
knowledge that when the time comes, your loved ones will know what you wanted and be spared from having to make difficult decisions.
There is no cost involved just download and complete the attached ‘Funeral Wishes form’ and email to Oxley’s who will keep a copy on record. You should also keep a copy with your personal documents for the information of your family or whoever may be responsible for organising your funeral.